From the Alzheimer’s Society website:
The Awards will recognise communities, organisations and individuals as well as partnerships and innovations that have championed the rights of people affected by dementia to remain included and supported in their daily lives. This year’s categories are detailed below, please see individual award webpages for specific entry criteria.
There are nine categories to enter in 2016
- Dementia Friendly Community of the Year
- Dementia Partnership of the Year
- Dementia Innovation of the Year
- Young Person(s) Contribution of the Year
- Dementia Journalism Award (England and Wales only)
- Dementia Friends Champion of the Year
- Dementia Friendly Organisation of the Year
- Inspiring Individual of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution of the Year
The deadline for nominations is midnight on Monday 1st August, so if you work or volunteer in this area, give some thought to nominating a deserving person or organisation.
Unlike some other awards, their website has a breakdown of what they’re looking for in each category, which is great.